Dangerous Book for Boys
|Article number:||9780062208972, f14|
Retail Price: $22.99
The bestselling book—more than 1.5 million copies sold—for every boy from eight to eighty, covering essential boyhood skills such as building tree houses, learning how to fish, finding true north, and even answering the age old question of what the big deal with girls is—now a Prime Original Series created by Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad) and Greg Mottola (Superbad).
In this digital age, there is still a place for knots, skimming stones and stories of incredible courage. This book recaptures Sunday afternoons, stimulates curiosity, and makes for great father-son activities. The brothers Conn and Hal have put together a wonderful collection of all things that make being young or young at heart fun—building go-carts and electromagnets, identifying insects and spiders, and flying the world's best paper airplanes.
Skills covered include:
- The Greatest Paper Airplane in the World
- The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
- The Five Knots Every Boy Should Know
- Building a Treehouse*
- Making a Bow and Arrow
- Fishing (revised with US Fish)
- Timers and Tripwires
- Baseball's "Most Valuable Players"
- Famous Battles-Including Lexington and Concord, The Alamo, and Gettysburg
- Spies-Codes and Ciphers
- Making a Go-Cart
- Navajo Code Talkers' Dictionary
- Cloud Formations
- The States of the U.S.
- Mountains of the U.S.
- The Declaration of Independence
- Skimming Stones
- Making a Periscope
- The Ten Commandments
- Common US Trees
- Timeline of American History