Owen on the Christian Life: Living for the Glory of God in Christ
|Article number:||9781433537288, k09|
Owen on the Christian Life
Author: Matthew Barrett
John Owen is widely regarded as one of the most influential English Puritans. As a pastor, he longed to see the glory of Christ take root in people’s lives. As a writer, he continues to encourage us toward discipline and communion with God. His high view of God and deep theological convictions flowed naturally into practical application and a zeal for personal holiness.
In Owen on the Christian Life, Barrett and Haykin guide us through the seventeenth-century theologian’s life and doctrine, giving us a glimpse into the majestic vision that served as the foundation for his approach to the Christian life—the glory of God in Christ.
–––––––––– Table of Contents ––––––––––
- Being John Owen
- Living by the Scriptures
- Communing with the Trinity
- Beholding the Glory of Christ
- Crushed for Our Iniquities
- Salvation Belongs to the Lord
- Justification by Faith Alone and Christian Assurance
- The Indwelling Spirit, the Mortification of Sin, and the Power of Prayer
- Living the Christian Life as the Church under the State
- The Legacy of John Owen
- Owen as Pastor to Pilgrims
Part of the Theologians on the Christian Life series
352 pp. Paperback.