Tying the Knot
|Article number:||9781942572596, g19|
Retail Price: $18.99
Author - Rob Green
Advised by both tellers of fairy tales and harbingers of doom, many engaged couples simply don't know what to expect from marriage, so they focus their anxious energies on the wedding day. Rob Green, a pastor, counselor, and veteran of many premarital counseling sessions, shares that the joy, fun, companionship, and love couples hope for before marriage are not only possible, they are actually God's plan for marriage. But none of these wonderful things happen automatically when you tie the knot. A strong and satisfying marriage must be intentionally built on Jesus.
Tying the Knot offers soon-to-be-married couples a practical vision of Christ-centered marriage that is realistic, hopeful, and actionable. This nine-session study guides couples through issues like conflict, expectations, communication, finances, and intimacy, showing how each can be successfully resolved with Christ at the center of the marriage.
Knowing the stresses and needs of a couple in their season of engagement, Green has helpfully designed the study to require a manageable (and healthy) 60 minutes of at-home work per session, with questions and exercises to build communication and intimacy at the end of each chapter. Tying the Knot also includes an appendix for mentors, making it easy for a married couple, lay leader, or counselor to lead an engaged couple through the book.
Field-tested and recommended by multiple counselors in a thriving counseling practice, Tying the Knot has already guided many couples into a stronger and more joyful union. Let this nine-week pre-marriage study reorient your life and marriage around Christ, so you both will experience all the blessings of marriage as God designed it.
- Presents a day-to-day vision of Christ-centered marriage that is realistic, hopeful, and practical
- Demonstrates clearly in just nine chapters or sessions how issues like conflict, expectations, communication, finances, and intimacy can only be successfully and satisfyingly approached with Christ at the center of a marriage
- Field tested and recommended by multiple counselors in a thriving counseling practice
- Highly practical and accessible for couples, requires about 60 minutes of weekly at-home work
- Includes chapter-by-chapter exercises and questions for couples to do separately and together to build communication and intimacy
- Includes an appendix for mentors to guide couples through the book