The Deity of Christ
|Article number:||9780802415110, p10, q04, SD09, q17|
The Deity of Christ
Author: John MacArthur
"What kind of man is this, that even the winds and sea obey him?"
The Deity of Christ is a biblical defense of Jesus’ divinity—the cornerstone of Christian doctrine. From over a dozen New Testament texts, pastor and theologian John MacArthur explores how Jesus is God, and why it matters. This study will deepen your knowledge of Christ, and thus your love for Him, fortifying your will and increasing your worship.
About the series: The John MacArthur Study Series adapts content from MacArthur's New Testament commentaries and arranges it for topical study. Each chapter takes readers deep into a biblical text, while the volume as a whole addresses a specific biblical theme. Ideal for personal study or preparing a topical series, these volumes explore key concepts for a vibrant, God-honoring Christian life.
–––––––––– Table of Contents ––––––––––
PART 1: THE DIVINE GLORY OF CHRIST
- The Eternal Glory of the Divine Word (John 1:1–5)
- The Glorious Preeminence of Jesus Christ (Col 1:15–19)
- Christ’s Authority over Satan and Demons (Mark 1:21–28)
- Christ’s Authority over Sin and Disease (Mark 2:1–12)
- Christ’s Authority over the Sabbath (mark 2:23–28)
- Christ’s Authority over Creation (Matt 14:22–33)
- Son of Man and Son of God (Matt 16:13–17)
- Equal with God (John 5:17–24)
- One with the Father (John 10:22–42)
- The Great I AM (Selected Passages from John)
APPENDIX: APOSTOLIC AFFIRMATIONS OF THE DEITY OF CHRIST
- The Witness of Thomas (John 20:26–29)
- The Witness of Paul (Rom 9:5; Phil 2:5–6; Col 1:15; 2:9; Titus 2:13)
- The Witness of the Author of Hebrews (Heb 1:2–3, 8)
- The Witness of Peter (2 Peter 1:1)
- The Witness of John (1 John 5:20–21; Rev 1:17–18; 19:11–13)
About the Author:
John MacArthur is the pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California; chancellor of The Master's University and Seminary; and featured teacher for the Grace to You media ministry, which reaches millions worldwide. John has also written many bestselling books, including The Gospel According to Jesus. He and his wife, Patricia, have 4 married children and 15 grandchildren.