Chosen By God: Knowing God's Perfect Plan for His Glory and His Children (Revised and Updated)
|Article number:||9780842313353, H16|
Chosen By God
Author: R. C. Sproul
Predestination is a debated topic. Yet the Bible is clear about the doctrine of election and its importance to our perspectives on God and man, and the nature of their contributions to salvation.
Because of the widespread neglect of this doctrine, many people cite Chosen by God not only as their introduction to Dr. Sproul’s teaching, but also as the resource that profoundly shifted their attention to an understanding of the predestining grace of God. Dr. Sproul shows how election is entirely compatible with human freedom, dignity, and responsibility. One of Ligonier’s most significant and popular books, Chosen by God shows why all serious Christians cannot afford to ignore this important biblical doctrine, but instead should embrace God’s initiative in Salvation.
–––––––––– Table of Contents ––––––––––
- The Struggle
- Predestination and the Sovereignty of God
- Predestination and Free Will
- Adam’s Fall and Mine
- Spiritual Death and Spiritual Life: Rebirth and Faith
- Foreknowledge and Predestination
- Double, Double, Toil and Trouble: Is Predestination Double?
- Can We Know That We Are Saved?
- Questions and Objections Concerning Predestination