Hope When it Hurts
|Article number:||9781784980733, k15|
Hope When it Hurts
Author: Kristen Wetherell
Thirty biblical meditations for women that offer hope in times of suffering.
Hurt is real. But so is hope.
Kristen and Sarah have walked through, and are walking in, difficult times. So these thirty biblical reflections are full of realism about the hurts of life yet overwhelmingly full of hope about the God who gives life.
This beautiful, cloth-bound book will gently encourage and greatly help any woman who is struggling with suffering whether physical, emotional or psychological, and whether for a season or for longer. It is a book to buy for yourself, or to buy for a member of your church or friend. For anyone who is hurting, this book will give hope, not just for life beyond the suffering, but for life in the suffering.
Each chapter contains a biblical reflection, with questions and prayers, and a space for journaling.
–––––––––– Table of Contents ––––––––––
- Jesus Makes the Difference
- His Power in Your Weakness
- Affliction and Hardship
- When Feeling Crushed
- Greater Than My Pain
- Peace Amid Confusion
- The Detours of Life
- God’s Silence in Our Storms
- The Not-Surprise of Persecution
- The Opportunity of Your Suffering
- Coming to the End of Yourself
- Beyond Bitter, Avoiding Numb
- The Lonely Path to the Summit
- Never Without Purpose
- How to Offer Real Comfort
- How Suffering Can Change Your for the Better
- The Freedom of Not Being in Control
- God is the Great Gardener
- Contentment in Crises: A Prayer
- Fourteen Reasons to Praise God in the Trials
- Living for the Unseen
- Not There Yet
- A House Not Made with Hands
- Invest Your Groans
- He has Given Us the Spirit
- Good Soil for Growing Fruit
- Resurrection Courage Right Now
- God Can Handle Your Emotions
- When God Doesn’t Seem Good
- You Will See Jesus