Finally Free: Fighting for Purity with the Power of Grace
|Article number:||9780310499237, a17|
Author: Heath Lambert
If you have struggled personally against the powerful draw of pornography, or if you have ever tried to help someone fighting this battle, you know how hard it is to break free. But real freedom isn’t found by trying harder to change. Nor is it found in a particular method or program. Only Jesus Christ has the power to free people from the enslaving power of pornography.
In Finally Free, Dr. Heath Lambert, a leader in the biblical counseling movement, lays out eight gospel-centered strategies for overcoming the deceitful lure of pornography. Each chapter clearly demonstrates how the gospel applies to this particular battle and how Jesus can move readers from a life of struggle to a life of purity.
If you or someone you care about is fighting this battle, there is good news: No matter how intense or long-standing the struggle, Jesus Christ can, will, and does set people free from the power of pornography.
“This book is richly biblical, soundly Christian, and centered in the gospel. Christians should read it and quickly pass it to others. It will be of enormous help to pastors, youth ministers, college ministers, and the Christians of all ages struggling against the tide of our pornographic age.”
—R. Albert Mohler Jr., president Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
–––––––––– Table of Contents ––––––––––
Introduction: The Purpose of This Book
- Grace as the Foundation in the Fight Against Pornography
- Using Sorrow to Fight Pornography
- Using Accountability to Fight Pornography
- Using Radical Measures to Fight Pornography
- Using Confession to Fight Pornography
- Using Your Spouse (or Your Singleness) to Fight Pornography
- Using Humility to Fight Pornography
- Using Gratitude to Fight Pornography
- Using a Dynamic Relationship with Jesus to Fight Pornography
Conclusion: A Call to Holiness and Hope
Appendix: Help for Families and Friends of Men Struggling with Pornography
Paperback. 176 pp.